CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 13, 2010

Hi Friends!

It has been a crazy week of working on the invitations-- but they are almost complete and they are looking uh-maze-ing! I can't wait to share.

In the meantime, I wanted to talk about my bridal party. I will be having my friend Carrie as the one and only bridesmaid, and my cousin/best friend Chantel as my matron of honor.

Carrie and I were out to lunch one day, and I just asked her to be my bridesmaid. Kinda lackluster, huh? I know..

I vowed that for my cousin, who lives in Washington, that I would make it special as I will not be able to ask her face to face.

I couldn't really get on board with the card idea that many brides use-- it seemed to overdone to me. I wanted (as you will learn, this is my LIFE goal) to be different. SO, I collected a few of my favorite pictures with her and played around in paint shop. This is what I came up with:


cute, right?


I mosied on over to www.walmart.com, and uploaded the picture to their website. As I type this, the above is being created by elves into an 8*10 puzzle. These aren't little pieces either, they are jigsaw sized:



I am laughing my ass off at the thought of Chantel sitting at her kitchen table putting this thing together. She will totally love it and will keep the puzzle for.ev.er. I can't wait to send it to her and hear her reaction.

Second to finding a photographer, the hunt for bridal party dresses was the second most difficult part of these planning shenanigans. I wanted my girls to look fab (not difficult, really), and be comfortable. I think it is highway robbery at gunpoint to charge $135 for a dress-- fabric that costs about $10 a yard at the max! I refuse. Needless to say, I have been searching for the duration of the engagement, until one night I was shopping (possibly for clothes for myself, not wedding related..) and I saw this:



Love.

I wanted one girl to wear pink, and one to wear orange, but I saw these and everything changed. I'm gunna lay it all out on the line for y'all -- I buy stuff on impulse and then suffer buyer's remorse, it's not cute. So, I slept on it. The next morning while at work, I knew I had to buy them. They are perfect, and will look so good on my girls with some black peep toes. Oh, and the best part?

For both the dresses, I paid $54. TOTAL.

I haven't had my girls try them on yet (they are both almost identical to my size, and it looks good on me. I can't wait till I can wrangle one of them over to model for me! I will definitely share as soon as I have some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment